Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I've ordered my Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Canon EOS 5D Mark III (body only)
There's no turning back now - I've clicked the order button for my new Canon EOS 5D Mark III :-)

The availability of the 5D Mark III is more scarse than confirmed Yeti sightings, but there's a chance it willl ship on May 23th.

In reality I'm not that concerned with the shipping date since the outdoor showjumping and dressage season have started. The limitations of my old D70s were all related to poor lighting - and I won't need to shoot in those conditions until October when the indoor season starts.

This is by far the most expensive item I've ever purchased online, and I'm not even done shopping yet.

So far I've only ordered the body and a new Compact Flash (CF) card - The CF card I had in my Nikon  D70s was only 1GB. It held 178 NEFs which was sufficient for a "normal" day shooting horses, but the size of the RAW images in the 5D Mark III is just so much bigger that I would run out of space very fast.

Next stop on my shopping spree will be a lens, a protective lens filter and a SDHC card for the other slot in the camera.

The final item, for now, will be a backpack large enough to hold the camera with the lens attached, and possibly with room for D70s with it's kit lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment